Sandblasting is an important process used not only to remove rust, but to prepare surfaces for high Performance coating.
Some ranges of use are:
- Surface preparation prior to powder coating, painting, or bonding.
- Removal of rust, scale, sand or paint from fabricated components.
- Roughing of industrial engine component surfaces in preparation for thermal spray coatings.
- Signs, wood, and foam are blast to bring out the detail in the lettering.
At All American Powder Coating, silica-based sand is no longer in use. Instead, we use GMA garnet, a naturally occurring mineral used in blasting applications.
The benefits are the following:
- Garnet has no cancer-causing silica, which provides a much safer environment for our employees.
- Garnet is heavier and more durable than silica sand. This allows for multiple uses, reducing the volume of used blast media and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Garnet is a naturally occurring mineral, therefore it is environmentally friendly and can be safely disposed of without the financial and environmental cost of silica sand.